Monday, March 24, 2008

Third Trimester

We are at week 33 now in anticipating the arrival of the womb dweller. Last week I hit the 'I'm finally tired' phase. I honestly thought it wouldn't hit me, that somehow I would be immune to it. Alas, with my body preparing me to not sleep at night I feel as though mid day naps are requisite. Pelvic pain and strange hip pain at night are the culprits, along with a child who apparently enjoys decending upon my bladder. Luckily (I think) Clemens has become accustomed to me waking 2 or 3 times a night to go to the bathroom, and my tossing and turning doesn't seem to bother him at all anymore (hopefully he is just being generous). Also, last week I sprained my ankle walking on an uneven sidewalk, and have had uncontrollable emotional breakdowns.... what I am to think of all of this???

I do love my hypnobirthing class, and recommend it to all of my gestating or soon to be gestating friends. Clemens (and I- since I made him read it) recommends 'Ina May's guide to Childbirth' by Ina May Gaskin. I can't wait to build my grow box and plant my vegtables (with Clemens help of course).

This week I start working hourly, which means I don't have to feel badly about leaving work when I just can't stand it anymore. AND Clemens doesn't have to return to California for work in the next 7 weeks! YAY!

3 comments:

Mumsy said...

Hang in there! You sound great even with these pre-birthing trials! Rachel and Craig were due last week....if she doesn't go today, the baby will be induced tomorrow. We were asked to speak in Sacrament meeting the 2nd or 3rd week of May....I asked for the 3rd for the fact that you are due around the 9th.

Melanie said...

Good luck! the next 7 weeks will be LONG but worth it.

Amanda said...

Oh how I don't miss those days! I was there just one year ago - almost exactly and now look at my crazy life! I'm so glad you got to take a class. We wanted to and never had the time with school and buying a house, etc. Call me. Matt is out of town for about a week, but we can still plan something ... or at least I can offer you a million baby clothes, even if they are mostly blue.