Wednesday, May 27, 2009

New Pasta Dish

So this week I made a FABULOUS pasta dish. I made it up, yep, all me. The downside of me making things up is that I don't measure, therefore the recipe is all 'abouts'.

The first was the awesome leftover pasta dish. We will call it Pork Tenderloin with balsamic pasta.

I pounded the pork tenderloin (pork was on super sale last week) and seasoned it with garlic salt, pepper and sage.
Cooked the tenderloin until it was rare, then cut into strips and finished cooking through.

Sauteed about a cup of sliced mushrooms together with a quarter of an onion also in slices. I also seasoned this with garlic salt and more sage(I love how mushrooms absorb salty goodness).

I mixed in about 2 cups leftover pasta (I had whole wheat pasta from a couple nights before), add about a 1/4 to a 1/2 cup chicken broth or water just so the pasta doesn't stick.

When at a boil add a couple swigs of good balsamic vinegar and let it cook down. This is the MOST important step. The balsamic vinegar gives it an amazing sauce.
Add a couple cups of spinach (chopped is probably better, I didn't though and it was great.)

When the spinach is cooked down it is done. It tasted like rice-a-roni, minus the rice, restaurant style.

This recipe was just enough for 2 and 1/4- Maja ate some too.

No comments: